Tuesday, November 16, 2010

78 bacchon ka baap .... karega 16th shaadi

How many kids do you want to have? 1… 2 or 5 or 10? Not 100 I guess! But this dad who became father of 78 children about a month back wants to have 100 children by the end of 2015.
In US, it was a big news when a couple managed to have 17 children. But this guy married 15 brides to produce 78 children. I don’t know if he remembers names and birthdates of all his wives, let alone the children. Poor guy, he has to divorce previous wives to make way for new ones in order to stay within the legal limit of four. Now he has 3 wives with him and he is looking for a new wife to make it four.
UAE national Daad Mohammed Murad Abdul Rahman, 60, is one-legged as he lost a leg in a road accident. His youngest child, Tariq, is about a month old and his oldest son, Ayoob, is 36. Two out of his current three wives are pregnent now and he is expecting two more addition in his family within a month.
One more interesting thing, his wives are multinational, who hail from UAE, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Iran and Oman. I can’t imagine how he can manage with such a diversity!
Dad daad
They (his wives) live in Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Sharjah, Abu Dhabi and Al Ain. Daad Mohammed, whose home is in Al Bustan, Ajman, spends time with each of them and has a family gettogether every Friday.
He is head of possibly the largest single UAE dynasty with 127 members, including 49 grandchildren, and has 15 houses. Two of his wives have died. Now he is going to have the same type of artificial limb – known as the Jaipur foot – that Indian dancer Sudha Chandran uses.
“After Ramadan, I will go to Jaipur to get an artificial leg and marry a beautiful Rajasthani girl,” he told Emirates Today. “I have had seven Indian brides. (source)

Daad daddy looking forward to 100 kids“My life is dedicated to my children. I gave birth to them, feed and educate them properly and take care of their needs. Once they grow I help them find a job, arrange their marriage and build new houses for them,” says Daad, his four years old son Badar sitting on his lap. “My eldest son, Ayoob Daad is in Abu Dhabi working for the air force. All the young children are going to school. Every day they take their pocket money,” he added. “A good father treats all his children equally,” he added. “Whenever they get leave, they come and talk to me. Otherwise we talk over the phone,” he added. There are fourteen houses for the Daad family and the father goes rotating to each house. “You become a bad father when you don’t meet the children’s requirements. Even if I have 70 children, I take care of their requirements without any difference,” he says. “Every hour the small kids need pocket money. So I keep lot of changes in my pocket,” Daad said showing the bulk Dhs.5 and Dhs.10 notes from his pocket.
“Occasionally I take them to Dubai, Abu Dhabi or Ajman for shopping and buy new clothes. I cannot take out everyone for outing together because it may require two buses to carry all the 68 children (That was some time back when he had only 68 children). A normal bus has only 55 seats,” he says, with a naughty smile. “Whenever possible we celebrate each child’s birthday. Whoever is possible comes and attends. We cut special goats to celebrate birthdays,” he added. “Baaba (father) is good. He never beats us. I help him to walk and get his stretcher. He has only one leg and needs help,” says Sultan, one of the young sons of Daad. His mother left for India when Sultan was just four months old and it has been the father and elder brothers who took care of the four month old son. Sultan who has never enjoyed a mother’s love says his father’s love is enough for him. “I don’t know about my mother, but I love my father. He too loves me and we all respect him,” says Sultan. “We are all given mobile phones too and the bill is footed by Babaaji,” he added. “Only two of my sons smoke. When I learned that they smoke, a habit developed from peer groups in school, I told them not to worry about smoking in front of me. If they want to smoke there is no problem,” he said. “Only one son has married twice,” he adds. (source)

1 comment: